Biodesy is a well-funded startup, commercializing the first services and systems to rapidly measure structural changes of biological molecules in high-throughput. Biodesy has developed a unique and highly sensitive technology for detecting these changes in real time. Our products enable screening for discovery of new chemical matter and detailed mechanistic studies for further validation/characterization of bio-molecules. The company is looking for a successful research associate to join its assay development team for internal projects and external collaborations.
Under the supervision of a Scientist the Research Associate – Assay Development is expected to design, execute, and troubleshoot protein structural change experiments to consistently deliver outstanding results in a fast-paced, goal-oriented research environment. Ensure projects run smoothly and efficiently through excellent communication with project leads. Publish and present scientific results when appropriate.
Key Results Expected:
- Under the guidance of the project lead generate scientific results quickly and consistently through superior experiment design and execution.
- Effective communication with the project lead for data interpretation and trouble-shooting help.
- Achieve targeted goals for pharmaceutical and academic collaborations (e.g., assay development, validation, and library screening).
- Participate in the development of new applications of the technology through innovative experimental design and robust protocols/workflows.
- Publish key scientific results in collaboration with partners.
Skills & Experience:
- Protein handling, labeling, purification, and assay development experience.
- Ability to think critically and independently is paramount. Must have strong record of success in protein experiments.
- Ability to execute experiments accurately and consistently – Hands-on scientist who enjoys both performing and analyzing experiments.
- Strong collaboration skills – Capable of building relationships and working effectively with the internal team.
- Passion for science, driven to succeed. Has the energy and curiosity needed to sustain high- impact science at a research frontier.
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or a related discipline is required. 0-4 years of industry experience is desired (title dependent on experience).
- Full time employee at Biodesy, Inc.
- Located in South SF
- See biodesy.com for more information
To apply, please submit resume or CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org