Biodesy is a well-funded startup, commercializing the first services and systems to rapidly measure structural changes of biological molecules in high-throughput. Biodesy has developed a unique and highly sensitive technology for detecting these changes in real time. Our products enable screening for discovery of new chemical matter and detailed mechanistic studies for further validation/characterization of bio-molecules. The company is looking for a successful scientist to join its assay development team, for internal projects and external collaborations.
The Scientist – Assay Development is expected to independently develop, execute and troubleshoot protein structural change assays and experiments to consistently deliver outstanding results in a fast-paced, goal-oriented industry research environment. The successful candidate will be required to formulate hypotheses, review scientific literature and generate data for internal projects and external customer collaborations. Contribute to the development of new applications of the underlying technology in collaboration with academic scientists. Ensure collaboration projects run smoothly and efficiently through excellent communication with company leadership and conscientious project management. Publish and present scientific results together with collaborators when appropriate.
Key Results Expected:
- Under limited guidance, execute projects for customers and internal research and development needs
- Generate scientific results quickly and consistently through superior experiment execution and design.
- Communicate well with team members to inform and guide experiment and assay design.
- Follow project guidelines to achieve targeted goals for collaborations (e.g., assay development, validation, and library screening).
- In collaboration with other scientists in the company, develop new applications of the technology through innovative experimental design and robust protocols/workflows.
- Document, communicate and eventually publish key scientific results in collaboration with partners and key customers.
Skills & Experience:
- Protein handling, labeling, purification, and assay development experience, a must.
- HTS small molecule/fragment screening experience in academic or industrial environment – highly desired.
- Ability to think critically and independently
- Strong collaboration skills – Capable of building relationships and working effectively with the internal team.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and oral.
- Ability to execute experiments accurately and consistently – Hands-on scientist who enjoys both performing and analyzing experiments.
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of experience in drug discovery, in vitro assay development, working in a lab environment is required.
- Or a PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or a related discipline with at least 1 year of post-doctoral experience will be considered.
- Full time employee at Biodesy, Inc.
- Located in South SF
- See biodesy.com for more information
To apply, please submit resume or CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org