The Scientist – Core Technology – will be responsible for the development and execution of experiments using Biodesy’s first-in-class systems for measuring protein structural changes at high resolution and real time. The scientist will be expected to work on project teams to test and validate novel applications of Biodesy’s SHG platform on a variety of therapeutically relevant targets. In addition, the scientist is expected to work closely with both software and hardware engineering teams to successfully convert novel research developments into commercial applications.
To join a dynamic, fast-paced, and well-funded startup team, the successful candidate will have a strong background in protein biochemistry and biophysics with a demonstrated track record of creative problem-solving and innovation.
Key Results Expected:
- Plan, execute and drive activities both independently and in collaboration/consultation with external collaborators, peers, and managers.
- Develop novel assays utilizing Biodesy’s first-in-class technology on variety of therapeutically relevant protein targets.
- Expand and develop new and existing applications of the technology. Invent and innovate as required.
- Identify and work with CROs for protein construct design, engineering, and expression.
- Analyze data from experiments. Interpret and review data with colleagues with full responsibility and ownership for results. Troubleshoot and iterate.
- Publish scientific results in peer-reviewed journals
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in protein biochemistry, conjugation, and labeling is required.
- Experience with protein structure and structural prediction tools is plus.
- Ability to process and extract meaningful information from large datasets using computation tools or data analysis packages such as Matlab, Python, and R is highly desirable.
- Goal-oriented, highly motivated, creative, and able to collaborate within and among teams and disciplines.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills for oral presentations and written technical reports.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics or related field required. Post-doctoral experience is desirable not but required.
- Prior drug discovery experience in an industry setting is a plus.
- Full time employee at Biodesy, Inc.
- Located in South SF
- See biodesy.com for more information
To apply, please submit resume or CVs to email@example.com